Tin Man Games
Based in Melbourne, Australia
16 December, 2013
Kidnapped by a vicious race of Lizard Men from Fire Island, the young men of Oyster Bay face a grim future of slavery, starvation and a lingering death. Their master will be the mad and dangerous Lizard King, who holds sway over his land of mutants by the strange powers of black magic and voodoo. Will you risk all in an attempt to save the prisoners?
The seventh gamebook in the Fighting Fantasy series, Island of the Lizard King, was written by Ian Livingstone in 1984. Taking place in the world of Titan, it tasks the player with rescuing slaves from the grip of the nigh-invulnerable Lizard King. Well-remembered for its iconic cover art by Iain McCaig, the Tin Man Games edition of Lizard King features auto-mapping, full-colour illustrations, and retains the bookmarking system of previous Tin Man titles.
- Make the gamebook as easy or hard as you like and even turn on a special cheat mode to read it old-school!
- Atmospheric new visuals which can be turned off to make the gamebook look like it came off the printing press in the 80s!
- Auto-mapping tracks your journey across Fire Island! See locations appear as you discover them!
- Iain McCaig’s famous cover brought to life. The Lizard King has never been this terrifying!
- Alan Langford’s classic illustrations colorised for the app, making full use of high-resolution displays.
There are currently no trailers available for Fighting Fantasy: Island of the Lizard King. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "WINNER - Silver Award" Pocket Gamer, 19 December, 2013
- "It’s fun, it’s slick, and it’s another worthy addition to the digital Fighting Fantasy canon that Tin Man Games is so ably accumulating."
- Harry Slater, Pocket Gamer
- "Rip-roaring tale of classic adventure and derring-do, pitched at an excellent difficulty level for the digital format."
- Matt Thrower, Gamezebo
- "Telling a gripping yarn with the trademark exceptional adventure gamebook gameplay, Island of the Lizard King is quite the delight."
- Jennifer Allen, 148 Apps
- "...fun for old gamers and a great introduction for gamers-yet-to-be."
- Ed Fortune, Starburst Magazine
Tin Man Games Press Release for Island of the Lizard King tinmangames.com.au.
About Tin Man Games
Tin Man Games is a developer specializing in digital gamebooks – interactive fiction/RPG style games where you control the story.
More information on Tin Man Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Fighting Fantasy: Island of the Lizard King Credits
Author, Fighting Fantasy Co-Creator
Fighting Fantasy Co-Creator
Creative Director, Tin Man Games
Technical Director, Tin Man Games
Producer, Tin Man Games
Programmer, Tin Man Games
Community Manager, QA Lead, Tin Man Games
Adam 'elroy' Mazzitelli
UI Designer, Freelancer