Tin Man Games
Based in Melbourne, Australia
9 April, 2014
Sucked through the appalling nightmare of the Seltsian Void, the starship Traveller emerges at the other side of the black hole into an unknown universe. YOU are the captain of the Traveller, and her fate lies in your hands. Will you be able to discover the way back to Earth from the alien peoples and planets you encounter, or will you and your crew be doomed to roam uncharted space forever?
With Fighting Fantasy's popularity on the rise in the 80s, Steve Jackson was inspired by a different setting from the traditional swords and sorcery - instead looking to science fiction. Starship Traveller allows players to control an entire ship and crew, with each member skilled in certain abilities. Tin Man has updated this adventure with all-new full colour art from Simon Lissaman, as well as a more dynamic battle system.
- Fully customize your entire crew, from their names, their stats – and even rename your starship!
- Three styles of combat: melee, phaser and even starship battles!
- Switch around your crew before each battle round for added strategy during combat!
- Beam down to strange alien planets, selecting your finest crew for the job!
- Auto-mapping charts your travels through the cosmos! New planets and stars appear as you discover them!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "WINNER - Gold Award" Pocket Gamer, 25 April, 2014
- "The original gamebook has been beautifully revived, and now stands shoulder-to-shoulder with its sci-fi peers across all entertainment media."
- Spanner Spencer, Pocket Gamer
- "It’s interesting because in the increasingly large mobile gamebook scene, I find Starship Traveller stands out for exactly the same reasons it did 30 (oh my, is it really 30?) years ago. We’ve got lots of fantasy books, some horror books, a few modern books, but this energetic take on classic sci-fi is a breath of fresh air..."
- Shaun Musgrave, Touch Arcade
- "...it’s a no brainer of a purchase – especially for Sci-Fi fans."
- Jennifer Allen, 148 Apps
- "Considering its age, Starship Traveller still feels incredibly fresh and newcomers are going to love Jackson and Livingstone’s universe, with its richly-cultured aliens and startling discoveries. Combined with Tin Man’s highly polished re-packaging, this makes for a top-class fantasy adventure you will keep coming back to."
- JC Richardson, Super Game Droid
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Tin Man Games Press Release for Starship Traveller tinmangames.com.au.
About Tin Man Games
Tin Man Games is a developer specializing in digital gamebooks – interactive fiction/RPG style games where you control the story.
More information on Tin Man Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Fighting Fantasy: Starship Traveller Credits
Author, Fighting Fantasy Co-Creator
Fighting Fantasy Co-Creator
Creative Director, Tin Man Games
Technical Director, Tin Man Games
Producer, Tin Man Games
Programmer, Tin Man Games
Community Manager, QA Lead, Tin Man Games
Cover Artist, UI Designer, Freelancer