Tin Man Games
Based in Melbourne, Australia
12 June, 2013
Take part in one of the classic gamebook experiences that introduced a whole generation to fantasy role-playing games! Only the foolhardy would risk an encounter with the unknown perils that lurk in the murky depths of Darkwood Forest. Yet there is no alternative, for your quest is a desperate race against time to find the missing pieces of the legendary Hammer of Stonebridge – fashioned by Dwarfs to protect the villagers of Stonebridge against their ancient doom.
Computer gaming was in its infancy and it was the early days of tabletop RPGs when The Forest of Doom exploded into bookshops in the early 80s, proudly displaying Iain McCaig’s iconic cover. Tin Man Games has updated the classic gamebook, allowing players to relive the adventures in Darkwood Forest.
- Make the gamebook as easy or hard as you like and even turn on a special cheat mode to read it old-school!
- Atmospheric new visuals which can be turned off to make the gamebook look like it came off the printing press in the 80s!
- NEW Auto-mapping! Never get lost in Darkwood Forest.
- Iain McCaig’s famous cover animated and brought to life.
- Malcolm Barter’s classic illustrations colorised. Explore Darkwood Forest in full color!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "WINNER - Gold Award" Pocket Gamer, 14 June, 2013
- "Age has done little to dim the power of the book, and its new digital clothing allows it to shine brighter than ever before."
- Damien McFerran, Pocket Gamer
- "This is one of the classics of the genre and it has been given the usual royal treatment from the developer."
- Shaun Musgrave, Touch Arcade
- "It’s the kind of experience that reminds one what fun interactive fiction can be, as well as making the promise of new Fighting Fantasy titles from Tin Man Games soon, all the more exciting."
- Jennifer Allen, 148Apps
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Tin Man Games Press Release for The Forest of Doom tinmangames.com.au.
About Tin Man Games
Tin Man Games is a developer specializing in digital gamebooks – interactive fiction/RPG style games where you control the story.
More information on Tin Man Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Fighting Fantasy: The Forest of Doom Credits
Author, Fighting Fantasy Co-Creator
Fighting Fantasy Co-Creator
Creative Director, Tin Man Games
Technical Director, Tin Man Games
Producer, Tin Man Games
Programmer, Tin Man Games
Community Manager, QA Lead, Tin Man Games
Alternate Cover Artist, UI Designer, Freelancer