Tin Man Games
Based in Melbourne, Australia
25 September, 2013
You’ve risen through society after dealing with Eltane and saving the city, capturing the affections of the Duke’s daughter along the way. The mysterious death of a friend arouses your suspicions and once again you find yourself at the heart of conspiracy that takes you back to your home village and a meeting with your old adventuring party from your youth.
Curse of the Assassin was written and designed by S.P. Osborne, author of An Assassin in Orlandes. It takes you back to the familiar surrounds of Orlandes City. An exciting mystery adventure thriller races from Orlandes City to the wilds of Orlandes, into the mines of Kern Badenach and even out to sea! Pirkka Harvala, who previously illustrated An Assassin in Orlandes and Catacombs of the Undercity, returns for his third gamebook and this time his wonderful artwork appears in colour for the first time!
- Read the story and dictate the direction of the story! Options based on who you have met, where you have visited and what you have found.
- Lots of achievements to collect and artwork to find throughout the book. These are placed on your achievement wall.
- Three difficulty levels. Read the book casually by being able to move around freely or crank up the difficulty and be a hardcore gamebook player.
- Companions you meet on the adventure will now fight with you!
- Awesome artwork (including a new cover by Dan Maxwell!) and music by Adrian Watkins to accompany the interactive story.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "WINNER - Silver Award" Pocket Gamer, 8 October, 2013
- "Like the previous entries in the series, this release doesn’t really put a foot wrong, and serves as a fine tribute to the classic dice-and-pencil quests we used to know and love during our misspent youths."
- Damien McFerran, Pocket Gamer
- "All put together, Curse of the Assassin is a fun experience. It works as a stand-alone story, but this is actually a sequel, although upon completion you may be compelled to try its predecessor, and all others of its like."
- Owen S., Digitally Downloaded
- "Curse of the Assassin is another great hit for Tin Man Games, ensuring that the adventure game book concept continues to flourish under the team’s capable hands."
- Jennifer Allen, 148 Apps
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Tin Man Games Press Release for Curse of the Assassin tinmangames.com.au.
About Tin Man Games
Tin Man Games is a developer specializing in digital gamebooks – interactive fiction/RPG style games where you control the story.
More information on Tin Man Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Gamebook Adventures: Curse of the Assassin Credits
Creative Director, Tin Man Games
Technical Director, Tin Man Games
Producer, Tin Man Games
Programmer, Tin Man Games
Community Manager, QA Lead, Tin Man Games
UI Designer, Freelancer