Tin Man Games
Based in Melbourne, Australia
September 13th 2018
The Warlock of Firetop Mountain: Goblin Scourge Edition is an RPG that evokes the nostalgia of classic tabletop games. It features a rich interactive 3D map, a simultaneous turn-based combat system and the ability to explore Firetop Mountain with over a dozen different characters. Each of these characters, represented by a unique digital miniature, have their own motivations for entering Firetop Mountain and each one alters the narrative choices available to the player.
In 1982, Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone, co-founders of Games Workshop and the first distributors for Dungeons and Dragons in Europe, wrote the first Fighting Fantasy gamebook - The Warlock of Firetop Mountain. In a time when videogaming and the RPG industry were in their infancy, the adventure gamebook allowed wannabe adventurers to journey to other worlds, engage with evil forces and decide the fate of themselves and the quest they were set upon. With the success of The Warlock of Firetop Mountain came a whole series of Fighting Fantasy adventures, over 50 of them with supporting novels and tabletop role-playing systems.
- Choose Your Own Adventure. Battle, sneak, and charm your way through thousands of story options as you play through over a dozen major quests, each unique to a different Hero.
- Simultaneous turn-based combat. Experiment with a slew of interesting battle strategies! Each Hero comes with their own set of attacks and manoeuvres.
- Which hero will you take into the mountain? Will you play as the noble and experienced adventurer Alexandra of Blacksand? Or perhaps take the pious and righteous path of battle-priest Landov Lowan? Forego the risks of combat with evasive sleep-bomb manouveurs as Krea Datura! Or get straight to the punch with hard-hitting rhino-man Twenty-Three.
- Beautifully crafted miniatures. Encounter the nostalgic aesthetic of classic tabletop RPGs by playing with over 100 handsomely painted character and monster miniatures as you explore the depths of Firetop Mountain.
- The Hill Goblins of Firetop Mountain have been unleashed on to the realm of Allansia! This special Goblin Scourge Edition features three additional adventurers whose stories are intricately woven into the Goblin Scourge. Explore the dangerous caverns and uncover the mysteries of Scarclaw’s evil minions!
- Play as a monster in the gauntlet. Play as one of Zagor’s evil minions – Slime Beast, Giant Rat, Skeleton Warrior and more – in a combat-heavy, story-light quest.
Nintendo Switch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "The look of the game goes for a style reminiscent of miniatures on a game board, a great match for Warlock's theme and setting."
- Shaun Musgrave, Touch Arcade
- "What Tin Man is doing with Warlock isn’t just updating the combat but something entirely new, something we haven’t seen before, and it looks downright incredible."
- Dave Neumann, Pocket Tactics
- "If you’ve ever played a tabletop RPG and been lucky enough to have your dungeon master build out a miniature set, that’s what Tin Man’s done here. It’s absolutely delightful..."
- Hayden Dingman, PCWorld
- "I can speak on behalf of Fighting Fantasy fans everywhere when I say that this is, to date, the most enjoyable and definitive adaptation of the gamebook"
- Damien King, Game Cynic
About Tin Man Games
Tin Man Games is a game development studio in Melbourne, Australia. Specializing in adventure games and digital gamebooks – Tin Man has developed and published over 35 titles across on a large number of handheld devices and computers.
More information on Tin Man Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Warlock of Firetop Mountain: Goblin Scourge Edition! Credits
Author, Fighting Fantasy Co-Creator
Fighting Fantasy Co-Creator
Creative Director, Tin Man Games
Technical Artist, Tin Man Games
Producer/Designer, Tin Man Games
Programmer, Tin Man Games
Programmer, Tin Man Games
Marketing and Production Assistant, Tin Man Games
3D Artist, Tin Man Games