Tin Man Games
Based in Melbourne, Australia
16 April, 2013
You are a clone raised by the mysterious Silene Monks. Once the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy, they have long since been superseded by modern technology. Now they spend most of their time hanging out and playing video games. But you are not like the rest of your clone brothers. You have been chosen for a special destiny. Make the right decisions and you’ll complete your training, explore a universe full of adventure, and prove yourself a hero. Make the wrong decisions and you’ll be dead. Really dead. Its hard to emphasise just how dead you will be. So here’s a pre tip for you: try to make the right decisions.
Having made the Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal comic for over ten years, Zach Weiner's fans had often requested that he write a book. Growing up reading the Lone Wolf books by Joe Dever, Zach wanted to write one of his own. After completing the book, as well as getting it successfully Kickstarted, he then worked with Tin Man Games on the app version of Trial of the Clone. It includes narration from Wil Wheaton, full colour images, and other Gamebook Adventures features such as bookmarks and adventure sheet tracking.
- Wil Wheaton voice over! Listen to Wil Wheaton whisper things like “love”, “Plasmaster”, “moral ambiguity”, and “disappointment” into your ear.
- All new death endings, written by Zach himself. Not available in the print book!
- Play the gamebook following all the rules, or cheat all you want!
- Includes all the interactive reading and gameplay features found in the previous Gamebook Adventures titles.
- Read the story and dictate the direction of the story! Options based on who you have met, where you have visited and what you have found.
Zach Weiner's Trial of the Clone Trailer YouTube
Trial of the Clone Announcement YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "WINNER - Silver Award" Pocket Gamer, 18 April, 2013
- "An hilariously entertaining new addition to the gamebook genre, Trial of the Clone is a brilliant way to spend a rainy afternoon."
- Harry Slater, Pocket Gamer
- "I won’t dawdle with getting this out there: I love Trial of the Clone. It made me laugh numerous times and it made me want to replay it many, many times just so I could see how things could work out differently. It’s simply brilliant."
- Jennifer Allen, 148 Apps
- "Our personal high points are when the author breaks the fourth wall and insults the reader directly..."
- Ed Fortune, Starburst Magazine
- "If you like the sense of humour, you’ll find this absolutely hilarious. Lengthy, solid story with excellent replay value for a gamebook."
- Matt Thrower, Gamezebo
Tin Man Games Press Release for Trial of the Clone tinmangames.com.au.
About Tin Man Games
Tin Man Games is a developer specializing in digital gamebooks – interactive fiction/RPG style games where you control the story.
More information on Tin Man Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Trial of the Clone Credits
Author, Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
Creative Director, Tin Man Games
Technical Director, Tin Man Games
UI Designer, Freelancer