Tin Man Games
Based in Melbourne, Australia
19 February, 2014
Zombocalypse Now is a comedy/horror reimagining of the choose-your-own-ending books you grew up with. You’ll be confronted with undead hordes, internet dating, improper police procedure, and the very real possibility that you’ll lose your grip on reality and wind up chewing the carpets. The zombie apocalypse has never been this much fun.
Matt Youngmark was inspired to create Zombocalypse Now after reading Ryan North's Dinosaur Comics and finding a comic where T-Rex talked about crafting a choosable path adventure story. He immediately emailed his girlfriend to say "OMG WE HAVE TO WRITE ONE." He followed through with his impulsive email, and completed and published his first Chooseomatic book, Zombocalypse Now. Tin Man Games has worked with Matt to give the book a digital update, including all-new full colour illustrations.
- Read and dictate the direction of the story! Choose your own path to your impending doom!
- Lots of achievements to collect and artwork to find throughout the book. These are placed on your achievement wall.
- Hundreds of endings – at least seven of which don’t include your horrible demise!
- Full colour artwork along with new images specifically created for this edition – lucky you!
- Includes all the interactive reading and gameplay features found in the previous Gamebook Adventures titles.
There are currently no trailers available for Zombocalypse Now. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "WINNER - Bronze Award" Pocket Gamer, 3 March, 2014
- "Replacing swords and sorcery with stuff rabbits and deadpan humour might not seem like a good idea on paper, but Zombocalypse Now proves that there’s room for experimentation in the genre."
- Damien McFerran, Pocket Gamer
- "Death is incredibly common here. With over 100 endings, most of these involve the gruesome demise of the main character. At first, this might seem a little frustrating to those who prefer to reach the ‘good’ endings but I found myself enjoying the wacky ways in which one could die."
- Jennifer Allen, 148Apps
Tin Man Games Press Release for Zombocalypse Now tinmangames.com.au.
About Tin Man Games
Tin Man Games is a developer specializing in digital gamebooks – interactive fiction/RPG style games where you control the story.
More information on Tin Man Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Zombocalypse Now Credits
Author, Chooseomatic Books
Creative Director, Tin Man Games
Technical Director, Tin Man Games
Producer, Tin Man Games
Programmer, Tin Man Games
Community Manager, QA Lead, Tin Man Games
Artist, Chooseomatic Books